Monday 19 September 2011

A weekend with Oxfam

I have spent this last weekend training as a school speaker with Oxfam. It is a huge sacrifice for me to spend a precious Saturday and Sunday away from Hugh and the kids, but it seems a constructive step to take and Joe even said to me on Saturday 'I think it's a really good thing to do, Mummy', whereas Zara just said 'I don't like you leaving us' so there you have it - the difference between an 8 and a 10 year old.

I feel enormously moved by one of the film clips which we were shown and it is one of those moments which changes your life a little and how you do things - and it was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtCDO29waIk

I can't get this to be a 'live' link so please cut and paste it into your browser.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment